Terms And Conditions Of Use
Date of Last Revision: April 29, 2016
Copyright and Limited License
- resell or make any commercial use of the Site or the Site Materials;
- copy, distribute or modify the Site or the Site Materials, without our express permission;
- use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods on the Site;
- use the Site or the Site Materials other than for its intended purpose.
The Site may contain certain materials that are designated as intended for downloading by users (the “Download Materials”). You may download, reproduce and distribute such Download Materials provided that: (a) they are used solely for noncommercial purposes to help to promote the mission and message of Bystander Revolution; (b) you do not edit or modify the Download Materials in any manner; (c) they are not used in a disparaging manner of any kind; and (d) they are used in accordance with any special rules designated on the Site as applying to the use of such Download Materials.
User Content and Conduct Rules
Bystander Revolution encourages users to post, submit, and link to content, including videos, poems, messages, suggestions, comments, solutions, information, text, photos, and graphics ("User Content") to or through the Site. Note, however, that you must be 13 years of age or older to submit videos or other User Content. If you are under 13 and wish to submit a video, you must ask your parent or guardian to submit the User Content on your behalf. By submitting a video, you are representing that you are 13 or over.
When you view User Content submitted by other users, keep in mind that such User Content may not represent your own view or the view of Bystander Revolution. You are solely responsible for any User Content you submit and for your conduct in using the Site.
You agree not to post, submit, or link to any User Content that:
- is defamatory, harassing, bullying, threatening, harmful, abusive, inflammatory, false, misleading, fraudulent or otherwise inappropriate;
- is obscene, pornographic, indecent, suggestive or contains other adult content or graphic violence;
- would violate any local, state, national or international law or would encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense;
- infringes or violates the rights of any third party, including any copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, or other intellectual or proprietary rights or any privacy or publicity rights;
- contains advertising, solicitations, promotions, or political campaigning;
- discloses the private and personal information of third parties, including full name, address, phone number, email address, Social Security number and credit card number;
- contains viruses, corrupted data or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files; or
You further agree not to do any of the following in connection with the Site or its users:
- Use the Site in a manner that could interfere with, negatively affect, or inhibit other users from enjoying the Site or that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the functioning of the Site;
- Impersonate any person or entity or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Stalk, intimidate, threaten, or otherwise harass or cause discomfort to other users or collect information about users;
- Send or post spam or unsolicited or bulk commercial electronic communications;
- Use the Site for any illegal or unauthorized purpose or encourage others to do so; or
- Circumvent, or attempt to circumvent, any filtering, security measures or other features Bystander Revolution may from time to time adopt to protect the Site, its users or third parties.
Enforcement of these rules is at the discretion of Bystander Revolution, and failure to enforce a rule does not waive any rights for future enforcement. Users do not have a right to insist on enforcement of these rules or to expect that the Site will not contain content or conduct that is prohibited by these rules.
Rights and Responsibilities With Respect to User Content and User Conduct
You retain all copyright and ownership of the User Content you submit through the Site. Bystander Revolution has the right, but is not obligated, to monitor, screen, or edit User Content and to remove or disable access to any User Content in its sole discretion, with or without notice. While Bystander Revolution encourages User Content that is supportive and helpful, through your use of the Site, you may be exposed to User Content that you may find offensive, objectionable, harmful, inaccurate or deceptive. You acknowledge that Bystander Revolution is not responsible or liable in any manner for any User Content or user conduct you may encounter in connection with the Site. You understand that all User Content submitted or posted in connection with the Site is public and nonconfidential, and Bystander Revolution is not responsible for any negative consequences that may result from your submitting, posting or accessing User Content. Use of the Site is at your own risk.
License to User Content
If you provide any feedback to Bystander Revolution, including any comments, suggestions, ideas, plans, or other materials regarding Bystander Revolution or the Site (“Feedback”), you understand that such Feedback is non-confidential and shall become the sole property of Bystander Revolution. You hereby assign to Bystander Revolution all right, title and interest in and to all Feedback, including all intellectual property rights therein, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use of any Feedback for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
BYSTANDER REVOLUTION, the Bystander Revolution logos, the look and feel of the Site, and any other Bystander Revolution names, logos or slogans contained in the Site are trademarks or service marks of Bystander Revolution, and may not be used without prior written permission. For example, you may not use the BYSTANDER REVOLUTION name or logo in any video you submit. All other trademarks, product names, company names or logos mentioned in the Site are the property of their respective owners. Reference to any third party trademark on the Site does not constitute or imply any endorsement, sponsorship or affiliation.
You may link to the Site for noncommercial purposes, provided that: (a) the link does not portray Bystander Revolution or any of its products and services in a false, misleading, derogatory or defamatory manner; (b) the linking site does not contain any adult content or any material that is offensive, harassing, illegal or otherwise objectionable; (c) you do not use a Bystander Revolution logo or graphic to link to this Site without written permission; and (d) you do not utilize framing techniques. This right may be revoked at any time.
Third Party Content
The Site may include third party content or may contain information about third-party products or services (collectively the "Third Party Content"), which is provided as a service to those interested in this content or information. Bystander Revolution does not control, endorse or adopt, and is not responsible or liable for, any Third Party Content or any third party products or services. If you use such Third Party Content, products and services, you do so at your own risk.
Repeat Infringer Policy
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") and other applicable law, Bystander Revolution has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at Bystander Revolution's sole discretion, subscribers or account holders who are deemed to be repeat infringers. Bystander Revolution may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Site and/or terminate the accounts of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
If you believe that anything on the Site infringes upon any copyright which you own or control, you may file a notification of such infringement with our Designated Agent as set forth below.
- Name of Agent Designated to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement: Vernon E. Yarnell, Jr.
- Full Address of Designated Agent to Which Notification Should be Sent: 505 5th Avenue S., Suite 620, Seattle, Washington 98104
- Telephone Number of Designated Agent: (206) 812-8776
- Facsimile Number of Designated Agent: (206) 812-8767
- E-Mail Address of Designated Agent: email@example.com
Please see 17 U.S.C. §512(c)(3) for the requirements of a proper notification. You should note that if you knowingly misrepresent in your notification that the material or activity is infringing, you may be liable for any damages, including costs and attorneys' fees, incurred by us or the alleged infringer as the result of our relying upon such misrepresentation in removing or disabling access to the material or activity claimed to be infringing.
Representations and Warranties
THE SITE AND THE SITE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. BYSTANDER REVOLUTION DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
WHILE BYSTANDER REVOLUTION ATTEMPTS TO MAKE YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE SAFE, BYSTANDER REVOLUTION CANNOT AND DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR ITS SERVERS ARE SAFE OR FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; THEREFORE, YOU SHOULD USE INDUSTRY-RECOGNIZED SOFTWARE TO DETECT AND DISINFECT VIRUSES FROM ANY DOWNLOAD.
Bystander Revolution reserves the right to change any and all content contained in the Site and to modify, suspend or discontinue the Site or any features or functionality of the Site at any time without notice and without obligation or liability to you.
Limitation of Liability
Applicable Law and Venue
Bystander Revolution reserves the right, without notice and in its sole discretion, to terminate your license to use the Site, and to block or prevent your future access to and use of the Site for any reason.