Last Updated: September 15, 2015
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, you may provide us with your name, grade, age, email, photos, videos and other information if you fill out a form, create an account, sign up for our newsletter, participate in a contest or promotion, send us an email, submit a video, story or other content, or otherwise communicate with us.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources. For example, if we enable you log into a third-party website through the Site, use a third-party upload widget to submit a video, or create or log into your account through a social media site, we may have access to certain information from that third party, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such third-party site.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Site
When you access or use our Site, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We may log information about your use of the Site, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, and your IP address and your activity on the Site..
- Device Information: We may collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We may use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Site and your experience, see which areas and features of our Site are popular and count visits.. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Site or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
- We may use information about you for various purposes, including to provide, operate, maintain, personalize and improve our Site. For example, we may use such information to:
- Send you notifications, updates, technical notices, and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
- Provide news and information we think will be of interest to you; and
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Site.
- Bystander Revolution is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Site or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Bystander Revolution or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another organization; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Site that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
- We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
The Site may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook "Like" button), which let you share certain actions you take on our Site with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features may enable the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Bystander Revolution takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Site. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Site.